The Army is expanding opportunities to commission officers by creating opportunities for highly skilled individuals to enter the Army as officers up to the grade of Colonel, allowing the Army to leverage our nation's strength, the American workforce.
The U.S. Army Logistics Branch is comprised of full-time and part-time Army officers (Active Duty, Army Reserve, and National Guard) who are functional in the Transportation, Ordnance, and Quartermaster Branches. Logistics officers are multifunctional and rely heavily on data analytics in order to provide timely, world-class logistics support during all phases of operations both in peacetime and war. This requires individuals to possess extensive critical thinking capabilities in varied stressful situations.
Qualified civilians and former service members may now apply for direct appointment as a logistics officer in the U.S. Army’s Logistics Branch for the rank of Captain through Colonel, depending on a thorough review and calculation of relevant education, training, certifications, and work experience. Those selected for this program will be offered the opportunity to serve and support the nation’s Army. Your unique knowledge and skills obtained in the civilian sector, in addition to prior service, will enhance military logistics from within. You will directly further advance the support capabilities of the individuals and units to which you are assigned.
As a Functional Analyst for the Logistics Corps the individual must be able to relate large amounts of data and analytics to operational requirements and processes, they must be able to apply real-world logistics contexts. The functional analyst must be adept at communicating to senior-level commanders and executives, providing input for future operational plans and programs. They should be able to use their knowledge of logistics and data analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and develop process improvement plans in order to streamline operations and maximize efficiencies in both fiscal and time-constrained scenarios. Applicants should be an expert in information systems/data analytics and logistics.
- Partner with contractors to develop and analyze business intelligence, data & analytics needs
- Acts as the subject matter expert on reporting tools and data analysis, make recommendations on process changes
- Provides data analysis and reporting solutions support for assigned departments
- Participates and leads the planning process including inception, design, build, test, and deploy of business intelligence data & analysts solutions
- Interpret business requirements, and determines optimum business intelligence solutions to meet needs
- Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the Army.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials for business intelligence and analytics solutions
- Research business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems
- Verifies collected data is with required quality and provides input to the development of information quality metrics/standards
Must be a United States citizen; applicants in a dual citizenship status are ineligible.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Must have at least a four-year college degree, preferably in an acquisition relevant field.
Must possess years of relevant work experience in a designated career field.
Must complete an Army commissioning physical, meeting basic fitness standards for service as an Army officer.
Must complete the application packet and submit it to the U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center.
Must not already be a member of the Armed Forces (currently in uniform/contract).
A minimum of 5 years of experience in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), SAP Business Reporting Tools, data warehousing principals/best practice solutions, SAP BEx Analyzer, cross-functional knowledge and manipulation experience of SAP Modules, and proven track record of architecting complete SAP Business Warehousing (BW) / Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to include at least one project is highly desired but not required
Previous military experience preferred but not required
A Master’s degree or higher in the following fields are preferred, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required:
- Business with a focus on Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or a Mathematics Field (STEM)
- Information Systems Management
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics or Business Analytics
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management
Please email documents and questions to: